Investment and Insurance Advisor Assistant
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to join our team as an Advisor Assistant. This role is available for only 30 hours per week and will involve assisting with a variety of tasks. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Compensation for this position is based on experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to balance their work and personal commitments while gaining valuable experience in a growing organization.
Summary: L.S. Smith & Associates is a financial planning firm that deals with each person as a unique individual. We take a look at your current financial situation, help identify where you’d like to be in the future, and then develop a plan to get you where you want to be, protecting you along the way. The principal, Shayne Smith is an Insurance & Financial Advisor with over 26 years of experience in the industry.
- Assist advisor in the investment and investment processes and client transactions
- Processing insurance applications
- Pre-filling of insurance applications, processing of new applications, order of medical requirements, follow-up on outstanding case requirements
- Ensuring the accuracy of all information
- Maintain account lists
- Account/Policy Maintenance
- Process and follow up on client documentation for proper management of accounts.
- Assist with servicing existing clients and prospecting for new clients.
- Customer service of in-force client policies including; Responding to queries from clients/policyholders, and processing basic and complex changes to policies.
- Perform various administrative duties
- Mass mailing, client mailings, record keeping, maintenance of forms, applications, and office supplies.
- Put together client presentations including surveys, quotes and product illustrations.
- Mass e-mailing/mailing
- Client database management
- Point of contact with MGA/Dealer
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a service-oriented role in the insurance/investment industry.
- Well-developed organizational skills, attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Administrative experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Insurance Software, Morningstar, Zoom, DocuSign, Calendly